Cheeky Wipes Lavender and Chamomile Oil
- 95% Lavender Essential Oil from France and 5% German Blue Chamomile Essential Oil from Hungary.
- Steam distilled to preserve the unique signatures of the plant.
- All our oils are premium grade, the highest quality aromatherapy oils available.
- Lavender has antiseptic and anti fungal properties, and is really soothing which makes it lovely for using on young children. Plus it smells fabulous!
- Chamomile is well known for its soothing effect on children and is great to calm irritated skin. Perfect for those little baby bottoms!
How to useA few drops of the Lavender & Chamomile Essential Oil Fresh Wipes Blend are added to water with Cheeky Wipes Cloth Baby Wipes (in the Fresh Baby Wipes Container), for a beautifully smelling alternative to disposable wipes!
Newborn to 6 weeks
It is recommend that only water is used to cleanse your baby during the first 6 weeks of their life which is why they recommend cotton and water.
Cheeky Wipes can still be used during this timeframe, using water only in the fresh box but we recommend that only as many as will be used use in a day are soaked (10 at a time for example) keeping the remainder dry. The mucky oil should still be used as it is not used on baby's skin and is washed away.
6 weeks and above
For every 25 wipes, fill the fresh box to the top liner with water (approx. 500ml) and add 4 or 5 drops of oil. Swish the oil around in the box to distribute it before adding the wipes. Once the wipes are in, give them a good squeeze together to manually distribute the oil throughout the fresh wipes.
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to any commonly used essential oil. This type of reaction is difficult to predict and rarely occurs but is a possibility. If an allergic reaction is suspected, or your child experiences redness or irritation, switch to using just water on your fresh wipes (again, only soaking as many as you will use in a day). The mucky box should be filled 3/4 full, with 4 or 5 drops of the mucky oil blend added.
- Keep all essential oils out of reach of children and pets.
- Essential oils are highly flammable substances and should be kept away from direct contact with flames, such as candles, fire, matches, cigarettes, and gas cookers.
- Do not use essential oils internally.
- If essential oil droplets accidentally get into the eye (or eyes) a cotton cloth or similar should be imbued with a fatty oil, such as olive or sesame, and carefully swiped over the closed lid. And / Or, Immediately flush the eyes with cool water.
- If a child appears to have drunk several spoonful's of essential oil, contact the nearest poison control unit (often listed in the front of a telephone directory). Keep the bottle for identification and encourage the child to drink whole or 2% milk. Do not try to induce vomiting.
CAUTION: If you are concerned about sensitivities or allergies, we suggest you test a few drops diluted in water on the skin.